28.5.13

Punk Exhibition MET Museum - Chaos To Couture

Last weekend I went to the Punk Exhibition in the Metropolitan Museum in New York. My expectations were not high, but it was amazing and I loved it!!
I got some great new DIY ideas, because during the time of the punk fashion DIY created clothing had a large influence. Designers used safety pins, studs, ripped clothes, zippers, dip dye, slogans and logos on tees.
Even though we were not aloud to take pictures, I took some with my Iphone (this is why the quality is low). I wish I could have taken pictures of everything!





I love the top, it is made with zippers and pink fabric. The sheer skirt makes the outfit complete.

Transparent clutch

Jewelry made with safety pins. You can not see it on the picture, but there was a ring made of a safety pin and I was so sad that I could not afford it. But maybe I can make it myself.

If you can go to the exhibition, you should go! It is worth it!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment