17.8.13

DIY Vluxury: Black pencil skirt

For a long time already I am obsessed with pencil skirts. Earlier I already posted some inspiration. They are so feminine and you can combine them with almost everything; crop tops, bra tops, blouses and shirts. In two words: love them! This is why I did a do it yourself project with some left over black fabric and made my own pencil skirt.  

You need:
- Fabric
- Zipper
- Scissors
- Sewing machine

Take a skirt that fits you right and put it on your fabric.

 Cut the fabric around the skirt, I made it a bit longer, because I wanted it to be a pencil skirt. I always take a lot of extra fabric, so I am sure the skirt will fit me. 

Now pin the skirt how you would like it to be and try it on, to make sure the skirt fits you.

Sew the parts together.


Now you have to make the seam on the upper side and the bottom of the skirt.


After you have to take the zipper and pin it on one side of the skirt. Sew the zipper on the fabric and you are already finished. 



A black pencil skirt is basic, but it is a must for in your closet. It is a very easy DIY project, so I am sure I am going to make more of them in printed fabrics. I think they are so cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment