22.8.13

DIY VLuxury: Blue clutch bag

 I finally got time to make the bag from the fabric I got for my birthday, remember my post with bags I am loving? I fell in love as soon as I saw the blue clutch bag, but it was a little expensive for me, this is why I decided to make it myself! Here is how you do it!


You need:
- Suede, 0.5 meter
- Lining fabric, 0.5 meter
- Gold chain, 1.5 meter
- Magnetic closure
- Leather hole punch & eyelet pliers kit 
- Fabric glue
- Pins
- Scissors
- Sewing machine













First thing you need to do is think about the measurements, what size do you want your bag to be? I choose 29 by 39 cm. Don't forget seam allowance when you cut the fabric. You need this part two times.


This part has to be 82 cm by 10 cm. Same here, don't forget seam allowance.

 Take the two parts and pin them together like you see in the picture.
 

Sew these parts together

 Take the other part and pin it.

When you are finished sewing the other part, it will look like this. This will be the outside of the bag.

Do the exact same thing for the lining.





 Almost finished.. Put the lining in the bag.



Take the magnetic closure and attach it to the bag.


 
With the fabric glue you have to glue the seam allowance. Also glue the lining and the outside together.



 Take the leather hole punch & eyelet pliers kit, you need this to connect the chain to the bag. The eyelets will provide the fabric from tearing. 


Make a hole in the fabric.

Connect the eyelet.

And next connect the chain to the eyelet.
 
 After the first chain is connected. You can decide whether you want a second chain or not, I chose to use two chains.

The bag is wearable in different ways. I like all of them and am absolutely in love with it!! Used it almost every day since I made it and got so much positive comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment